Thursday, 26 April 2012

1995-1996

Today this year's SSLC result is declared. I and my colleagues were discussing about our school days... Each one was saying about their own experiences in their school..


In the evening, it started to rain... still raining.. Got a chance to walk in the rain with my daughter as I didn’t bring umbrella today.. We both loved it a lottt.. One of the bestest experiences I have ever had... :)

Naturally I was drifted towards my school days...

1995-1996 were the most unforgettable year in my school life. This was the year I did my SSLC exam. Though I was in Xth I had to be in 2 schools. Can you believe that? :) I am one of the most fortunate students who did Xth in 2 schools. To tell the truth I did my schooling in 8 schools. You may be thinking "Oh, this lady lies a lot!!" No friends, I swear. I studied in 8 schools in all these 12 years from LKG to Xth. Till Onam exam; I was in a school at Mavelikkara. But as Achan got transferred, I had to move to another school at Karunagapally. I hated that school as I was missing my dear friends in the previous school and the second reason being I missed my parents a lot those days. I had to stay with my Aunty and she was the headmistress of the school. I used to be always with aunty and used to have lunch in the office room.. So obviously I was a pet for the teachers.. I don’t know why.. But I hated that.. They were always noticing me. In a class test, me and my friend were discussing answers, and this was reported to aunty soon after the test.. Aunty called me in the office and told not to repeat it later.. I had a nick name in those days.. 'Junior HM'.. All my classmates were reluctant to talk to me but later after a month or so I got a bunch of friends there too... :)


Then came the Youth Festival days. I wanted to participate in Oppana, but was afraid to ask my parents as I was sure that they won’t let me go for it. But aunty helped me but she reminded me always to give more importance to studies. We won at the Sub-District and District level and so were able to participate in the State School Youth Festival held at Kottayam in January 1996. 5 days.. Still treasure those days.. All friends who have participated in these kind of competitions will know the spirit in it. We were roaming around the different stages where competitions were being performed, watching the various art forms and the food supplied was simply superb. We were able to meet Manju Warrier there. She was the kalathilakam of the year (1993-94).. When she came there to watch the performances she was treated like a princess and we all surrounded her. Never knew she would be the most loved actress of Malayalam Cinema even today. Though we didn’t make it in the competition , we were given participation certificates which I treasure even today.

Then came the final SSLC exam. I was not that good at studies and was praying (actually begging God) to get 500+. After the exam, like most of my friends, I too did not bother about the results and enjoyed my holidays to the fullest. Achan arranged someone in the Education department office at TVM to get my results, so that they can know my marks before the press announced it officially. That person called Achan and told it would be known on May 12th. The most awaited day (not for me but for my parents) was here.. May 12th... They were sure that I would get 500+ marks. I don’t know who gave them the surety :P ..
Almost all my cousins had 500+ marks and so 500+ was a decent mark for all. On that day, I got up early, went to temple and prayed a lot to get good marks and was always besides the phone stand waiting for the phone bell.. Waited, waited and waited and finally the bell rang. Tring Tring.. Tring Tring... I ran to the phone and attended the call.. Achan, Amma, aunty, cousins and my naughty brother were with me. The person on the other side told me "Is that Anju?". I said "Yes". "Hi Anju, Congratulations!, You have distinction  499/600". I was happy... But when I told my marks to all, they had to say just one sentence "Just one more mark for 500". But still, I was happy...

Really miss those days a lottt, miss my friends, teachers...

I want you to go through these lines one by one..

One of my favourite poems by O.N.V Kurup (Moham)

ഒരുവട്ടം കൂടിയെന്‍ ഓർമ്മകൾ മേയുന്ന
തിരുമുറ്റത്തെത്തുവാന്‍ മോഹം... 
തിരുമുറ്റത്തൊരു കോണില്‍ നില്ക്കുന്നൊരാ നെല്ലി -
മരമൊന്നുലുത്തുവാന്‍ മോഹം...

അടരുന്ന കായ്‌മണി പൊഴിയുമ്പോള്‍ ചെന്നെടു -
ത്തതിലൊന്നു തിന്നുവാന്‍ മോഹം...
സുഖമെഴും കയ്പും പുളിപ്പും മധുരവും
നുകരുവാനിപ്പോഴും മോഹം...
തൊടിയിലെ കിണർ വെള്ളം കോരിക്കുടി‘ച്ചെന്തു
മധുരം!’ എന്നോതുവാൻ മോഹം...

ഒരുവട്ടം കൂടിയാപ്പുഴയുടെ തീരത്തു
വെറുതെ ഇരിക്കുവാന്‍ മോഹം....
വെറുതെയിരുന്നൊരു കുയിലിന്റെ പാട്ടു കേ -
ട്ടെതിര്‍ പാട്ടു പാടുവാന്‍ മോഹം... 

അതുകേൾക്കെയുച്ചത്തിൽ കൂകും കുയിലിന്റെ
ശ്രുതി പിന്തുടരുവാൻ മോഹം...
ഒടുവിൽ പിണങ്ങിപ്പറന്നുപോം പക്ഷിയോ -
‘ടരുതേ‘യെന്നോതുവാൻ മോഹം...

വെറുതേയീ മോഹങ്ങളെന്നറിയുമ്പൊഴും...
വെറുതെ മോഹിക്കുവാന്‍ മോഹം....

14 comments:

  1. so you do write. :) . Seems like a beautiful rain brought many memories back. And I would like to say that it's so nice to read through your memories. Keep going.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anju.........nice writing..really touching!!!!!!!In IKM we also discussed those school days and also our SSLC result announced day...Memories are treasures...........past is past!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for refreshing me :) ... Feels like born again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anju ,good one..keep writing..Junior HM moluttyyodu parayunnundu njan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one anjutty.... blog vaayichappol enikkum ente school days ormayil varikayaayirunnu.. thanks for refreshing those memories dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nalla kayil irippa..8 schoolil padichu alle
    aarum adhika kalam oridathum padippikula ale
    thallu kollitharam alle kayil full...chattambiiiiii

    5 divasathe food alle itrem orma...food illayirunnel anju chodichene...ethu kalolsavam ennu.......alle anju....

    allelum ellarum inganaya anju..kastapettu vangicha 499 markine kurichalla...kittatha poya aa 1 markine kuricha ellarkum vevalathi.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kidu comments surya.. liked it...

      Delete
  7. Nostalgic Post! As u said, it always brings a whole lot of happiness back to our minds with just a memory down the childhood lane! A nice post from you again!Keep blogging!

    I guess I have said it b4, we seem to have the same taste - Oru vattom is one of the favs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes chechi, v do have the same tastes.. :)
      Thanx for ur comments...

      Delete
  8. edi kidu...nee 8 schoolil padicho...nojn epozha athu ainje...hi hi....njum alochichu sslc result vanna day.....jeevithathil ithryum tension adichottilla.....but sslc kondu onnum oru karayam illennu ipozha mansilayeeeeee.......enthaylum ninte blog kollam.....nee st joseph school front bench-il irikunathumm.....oppana nammle padipichathum okke njpn orthu....aa song ehayirnu di..aa oppana song.....apol nammaku 16 yrs ayitu parichayam undu alle....ohh super....love u ummaaaaaaa......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanx all for ur comments.. will post more soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anju, നല്ല പോസ്റ്റ്, keep going

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheh ennalum...Just one more mark for 500.. just kidding..

    ReplyDelete